B5V (LV) B5VH (MV)
Model B5V (LV) B5VH (MV)
Power Up to 10.000 kW
Voltages Up to 6.600 V
Frame 355 ± 1000
Poles 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12
Cooling IC 81W (IC 86W, IC 611, IC 616, IC 666 on request)
IP IP 55 (IP 23, IP 44 with filters, IP 24W NEMA, IP 56 on request)
Enclosure TEWAC – Totally Enclosed Water to Air Cooled
Main Applications Dredge, Hybrid machine, Propulsion, PTO-PTI system
Other applications Thrusters, Fi-Fi system, auxiliaries
|Poles||kW | 60 Hz|
Rigid frame, rugged welded steel fabrication (EN 10025 - S235 JR). Frame is provided with side ribs to increase the strength. Marelli Motori motors for continuous duty operation are designed to meet vibration levels per IEC 60034-14, ISO 10816-1 and BS 5000-3.
Made of hot-rolled structural steel (EN 10025 – S235 JR)
General data - Made in carbon steel (EN 10083 – 2 C40 – TN)
Shaft design - Cylindrical shaft with key.
Main terminal box
Mounted on side (right or left to be selected).
Made of formable steels EN 10130.
Made of hot-rolled structural steel (EN 10025 – S235 JR).
- mounted on top of the machine
- double tube made of CuNi 90/10
- copper fins housing
- equipped with water leakage detector
- certified by registers of shipping in compliance with Rules for Classification of Ship
- coolant can be both fresh or sea water
- suitable to be treated with corrosion inhibitors, PH regulators and anti freeze as appropriate to site conditions.
- designed pressure 6 bar
- test pressure 10 bar
- max glycol: 30%
- type of water: fresh water or marine (salt) water
- flanges: PN6 – PN10 – Special (ANSI).
IC 81W as per IEC60034-6. Primary fluid (water) is flowing by external water system. Internal air is flowing by a fan mounted on the shaft of the generator at the driven side.
Degree of protection
IP 44 as per IEC60034-5. (Available up to IP 56)
IM B3 and V1 as per IEC60034-7.
Marine Survey Certificate supplied with the machine.
Shaft, housing (propulsion) and exchanger are certified by the Marine Classification Society.
Laminated and enamel-insulated on both sides to minimise eddycurrent losses. The stator winding is made of flat copper or round copper wire depending on the machine size.
The completely wound stator pack is thereby impregnated in an epoxyresin VPI. The subsequent heat treatment hardens the resin.
Squirrel cage rotor type.
Depending on machine size, the rotor construction is either a solid shaft or welded ribbed shaft. The rotor winding can be either a pressure die cast aluminum or a copper bar construction.
Antifriction bearings grease lubricated (ball or roller type) or oil lubricated sleeve bearing.
The theoretical lifetime of bearings, L10h according to ISO 281/1 standard, of standard horizontal construction generators, without external forces (radial and / or axial) is in excess of 50.000 hours. On request, the lifetime of bearings, L10h can be in excess of 100.000 hours.
Locating bearings are on the D end side and floating bearings on the ND end side.
Both bearings are fitted with a regreasing system.
The used grease is removed through a valve locked in the outer bearing cover. Sleeve bearings available as an option.
On request special bearings are designed where high radial and axial forces are applied. All configurations are designed to withstand the following marine inclination.
Dedicated constructions available for different values.
Stator and rotor are VPI treated with an unsaturated polyester amide resin which is polymerisation in oven.
Stator: F class insulated with a synthetic enamel. (H class insulation available on request)
Marine dedicated protective enamel is applied on the winding.
- Dual/multiple winding configuration
- flanged shaft or special shaft end on both sides
- increase protection degree up to IP 56
- vibration sensors
- special frame design to suite the application
- special bearings (sleeve or angular contact bearings)
- reinforced winding for VFD operation
- insulated bearings design for VFD application
- shaft earth brush for VFD application
- other options available on request.